Monday, August 1, 2011

a voice to inspire

Lately I've been in a musical mood. I've been listening to music, writing music, writing songs, playing music, thinking about how my future would be if I could "be like them."
I love to listen to the uniqueness, soulfulness, and the effortlessness in peoples singing voices. It's the voices that when I hear it I just think "Wow! Where do I learn how to do that?" It just has to come by nature; not practice. But it doesn't hurt to be greatly inspired by the amazing voices.













One of the big inspirations is Steven Tyler; the lead singer of Aerosmith.
His voice I'd say is one of the greatest voices in rock n' roll history. From Dream On to Cryin' to Don't Want To Miss A Thing. His voice is just unbelievable along with his vocal range. He can hit those high notes higher than any female I've ever heard in my life. Also, I am a very fashionistic person. And I have to say that Steven Tyler also has probably my favorite sense of fashion. If I could dress like anyone all the time it would definitely have to be him. With the rags, all the accessories, and the best part. His hair! If you look at the latest pictures of him and look at great shots of his hair. He has awesome feathers in it with beads and all these accessories in it that just make it look freakin' amazing! Now that's the kind of hair I want.















Another huge, yet more recent inspiration of voice is Christina Aguilera. First off she is just down right beautiful and she has one of those voices that when you hear it everyone just thinks to them self "Wow!" When she sings you can feel and hear so much emotion coming out of her voice that it draws you into the song more (a lot more on her later stuff than her early 20's pop stuff).
She stars (like I mentioned before) in one of my favorite movies; Burlesque! Although of course she doesn't sing the songs live in the movie it's still her singing and she really does sing that good live. She sang the national anthem last Superbowl I believe. And she did mess up the lyrics which everyone was freaking out over. When I was listening to it I didn't even realize she messed up. Her voice was so good and drew me in that I didn't care what words she was singing. I just loved to hear the voice. And that is still the best rendition of our national anthem that I have ever heard in my life.
Also in Burlesque and in real life as well; I love her sense of fashion as well as Steven Tylers! Especially her hair and makeup. If I were a girl I would base my sense of fashion and hair off of her.


As of now those are my big two inspirations. They will probably change in the next few months. But eh, oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment