Thursday, July 22, 2010

yes, another one..

I write a lot about love and I can't say I've ever been in love. So I like to think of it as I write these so maybe one day there will be someone in my life that will put more meaning in them...

-Paint-
I’d never paint my windows where there’s no one else to see
I’d never paint my front door where there’s nowhere left to be
I’d never paint my fingers while the touch I have’s so real
I’d never paint my eyes shut, or paint my mouth over with steel

I would never paint the sun outside so the flowers grow in cold
I’d never paint the thoughts inside; I’d never leave it all untold
I would never paint the way you look, I would never paint your hair
I’d never paint the way it smells, or leave you thinking in despair

I’d never paint the life I have; I’d never paint all over yours
I would never paint on the clouds above; I’d never paint all on the floors
I’d never wait until you turn around and paint on you with black
Then give to you a silver crown and say I love you back

Some people paint the night time, some people paint the day
Some people watch the sunrise; others watch it fade away
Some people paint them selves because they don't know who they are
If I had the chance to paint on you, I’d paint you just the way you are

- it's kind of long but if you read it, I hope you like it

No comments:

Post a Comment