Thursday, July 22, 2010

a touch to inspire

some inspirations of mine, who help build me into the person I am today. Not in a fake matter.. hence inspiration ..


-Lady Gaga-

"Love is like a brick. You can build a house, or you can sink a dead body"
lady gaga to me is a big influence because she uses her differentiality as a way to express her music. I heard her say in an interview at one time  
"The whole point in what I do, I want to create a space for my fans where they can feel free, and they can celebrate. Because I didn't fit-in in high school and I felt like a freak. So I like to create this atmosphere for my fans where they feel like they have a Freak In Me to hang out with"
-And not only that, but when I listen to her live performances the soul she brings into her piano when she plays and into the microphone when she sings is amazing. You can tell that she really loves her fans... In different ways she inspires me to help become who I am today.

-Jon Bon Jovi-

"Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time - you may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be"

Jon Bon Jovi is a huge influence on the way I think about life and how to view it. He inspires the way I write my songs, and my poems. And an even bigger influence on how I try to show my physical appearance.. But the main thing that inspires me are the lyrics in his songs. They are so unique to where anyone can relate to any one of his songs to a past story in their life or even a fantasy in their head. And the way he sings the song is with so much heart.. If I could choose to be as good as any one singer, it would be Jon Bon Jovi.

-David Gilmour, and Pink Floyd-

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark"
Now David Gilmour all around; along with Pink Floyd, are probably my biggest all time influences. The lyrics Pink Floyd has in their songs are very deep and meaningful. and David Gilmour's guitar playing is like no other. When he plays you can feel the songs and the solo's. To a lot of people Pink Floyd is just noise but to me they are a huge inspiration mainly on the way I play instruments and the way I put metaphorical speaking into a lot of things that I write. If someone were to ask me my all time favorite band it would be Pink Floyd without a doubt.

- r.i.p richard wright (1943 - 2008) your music will live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment